Discourse Discussion Platform Features

Community Discussions are powered by a modern platform that is easy to use once you get the hang of it. Please take 10-15 minutes right now to get oriented by reading the discussions - the best place to start is at the TOP.

Keep scrolling

There are no next page buttons or page numbers – to read more, just keep scrolling down!

As new replies come in, they will appear automatically at the bottom of the topic.

How do I reply?

• To reply to a specific post, use the Reply button on that post.

• To reply to the overall theme of the topic, rather than any specific person or post in the topic, use the Reply button at the very bottom of the topic.

• To take the conversation in a different direction, but keep them linked together, use Reply as New Topic to the right of the post.

Who is talking to me?

When someone replies to your post, quotes you, or mentions your @username, a number ➀ will appear over a conversation button at the top of the page. Use it see who’s talking to you, and where.

• To mention someone’s name, start typing @ and an autocompleter will pop up.

• To quote just a section of a post, select it, then use the Reply button that appears over your selection.

• To quote an entire post, use the Import Quote button on the editor toolbar.

Look at that post!

To let someone know that you enjoyed their post, use the like :heart: button at the bottom of the post. If you see a problem with a post, don’t hesitate to use the flag button and privately let our staff know about it.

Where am I?

• To get back to the home page at any time, use the logo at the upper left or the back ← button on your browser.

• For search, your user page, or the sitemap, use the icon buttons at the upper right.

• While reading a topic, move to the top ↑ by clicking its title at the top of the page, or press the home key. To reach the bottom ↓, use the down arrow on the topic progress indicator at the bottom of the page, or press the end key.

• Use times as entry shortcuts. You can always enter at the top of a topic via the first post date, and the bottom via the last post date.

Too much email?

• Look for the link at the bottom of any email to visit your user preferences, where you can specify how much email you want to get.

Welcome to the Friends of Heritage forums!