Donations for Zavala Elementary

Our neighbor Sommer asked me to pass this on:

Hello neighbors! I’m Sommer Maxwell at 804 W 30th 1/2 St.

Last year, I wrapped presents at Zavala Elementary, the sister school for Bryker Woods Elementary. Every year our school community helps families there with food, clothing, bikes, gifts and furniture as needed.

They have a Santa’s Gift Shop this time of year so that kids can buy gifts for their family members for less than a dollar. It is heart warming to see them so proud of the gifts they’ve chosen with their bag of quarters.

Sadly, this year they don’t have enough gift donations (even with our help) and have had to postpone it until next week in hopes they’ll have time to collect some.

Can you help? Gifts for moms, dads, tias and tios, aunties, uncles, grandparents and siblings are great! Candles, ornaments, frames, lotion, baby items, craft kits, books, etc. that are small and easy to carry on the bus or in their backpacks in new or gently used condition would be wonderful! Maybe your business sells something that would be a good donation?

Once the students pick out a gift, we help them wrap the gifts and write a gift tag and they walk out with a smile on their face!

Look for a round metal container on our porch we’ll use for collecting the gifts if you can help and don’t mind our dog who will probably bark :wink:

Thank you for considering helping students at a local Austin elementary!!