CapMetro: dedicated bus lanes on the Drag, open house on Monday

Want to get more people out of cars, and make Guadalupe safer for bikers and better for pedestrians? You’ll be glad to hear that the city’s final report on the Guadalupe corridor recommended dedicated transit lanes for Capital Metro buses so they won’t be stuck in rush hour traffic and improved bike lanes, wider sidewalks, and shade trees.

That decision isn’t guaranteed, but there will be a Guadalupe Street Corridor Information Fair tomorrow, Monday April 1 from 3 to 6 pm at the University United Methodist Church, 2409 Guadalupe. Drop by to learn more and ask questions.

Here’s an Austin Chronicle article with more info (although they have the day wrong in the article so ignore that part).

Too bad they have these fairs during my work hours; hopefully someone can make it from our neighborhood though! Does anyone with their ears to the ground know if the CoA still plans to go with Kimley-Horn’s revised Scenario 1 plan?

Also at work 3-6 (UT north campus). I’m not too terribly opposed to the idea of transit only for right lanes of the Drag PROVIDED that they use them. Like 11pm on a Saturday night. Or 8pm on a Sunday night. Either that or make the dedicated lanes only during certain hours.

Side note: That photo on page 31 must have been taken at 6AM on a Sunday morning in early August or Maybe January 1 or Christmas day because I’ve never seen such an empty Drag.